Friday, November 27, 2009

November 25, 2009

Ava and I got our hair cut today. What was amazing to me is that I've been to Bubba's many times and Ava's been there once. And who does everyone remember?

So I got my hair cut first, and Ava sat on my lap while my hair was washed and while it was being cut. Then her hairdresser was ready for her, and Ava got right down from my lap and went over to the sinks like a big girl. Her hairdresser was young and pretty - looked like one of Kerry's friends - so Ava took to her right away. It took two booster seats to get her high enough to reach the sinks, but she climbed right up and let her hair be washed - I could hear them chit-chatting from where I was sitting - Ava was telling her that she knows how to take showers...

Then she followed her hairdresser over to the salon chair - it was diagonal from where I was getting my hair cut, so I could see her but she couldn't see me. Full of self-confidence, she got up into the chair, allowed herself to be draped with the cape, and followed directions as far as "tilt your head up" or "look down" - she sat as still as stone other than to comply with instructions.

Haircut #2 - I was very proud of her, and she was very proud of herself too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment