Tuesday, December 8, 2009

She's smart!

We were driving to Gram and Gramp's yesterday morning, both of us feeling sad that we would be saying good-bye for a whole week. I even accidentally made her cry by telling her that I make sure to brush her hair before we go to Gram's, so that Gram knows that I take good care of her. She said, "What happens if my hair is messy?" and I was JOKING and said, "Well, she might just keep you, if she thinks I don't take good care of you!" She burst into tears and hid her face under her blanket!! I felt terrible! I reassured her that of course Gram knows I take good care of her, and Gram knows that Ava always gets to come home, no matter what, even if she has messy hair...

So then we started talking about how other kids have to go to Day Care - that Ava is lucky because sometimes I work at home, and even when I go away she gets to go to Gram and Gramp's and not Day Care. I told her that some kids have to go to Day Care every day so that their parents could go to work and get money. She thought about it for a minute, then said, "Why do the parents go to work every day, because then they never have a day off to spend their money?" Her point was, why go to work at all to get money, if you never have a chance to spend it? She's just as sharp as a tack!!!

We had Bear with us, to drop off at Nannie's house, and I asked her if she wanted to be dropped off at Gram and Gramp's first, or if she wanted to go with me to drop off Bear first. She said, "I want to drop off Bear so I can spend extra time with you..." I love that kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment